Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass ensemble

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by bercesibari, Jun 29, 2005.

1. bercesibari

bercesibari

Jun 29, 2005
    I am looking for a double bass ensemble of 8-10 people who perform live. They are - to the best of my knowledge - European, and their performance contains show elements as well. Do you have an idea who they could be? My boss saw a picture of this band on the web, but failed to bookmark the page and cannot retrieve the info. Thanks much for your kind help!

2. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    There are only four of these guys, although they sound like eight (or one) depending on how you perceive it, and fit the rest of your despcription: http://www.thebassgang.org/

3. dfp

dfp Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    USA
    i think i have a cd somewhere called "the London Doublebass Sound". bass choir from (duh) London, and they do a variety of styles, including a Spice Girls tune. it's been a few years since i've looked at the thing, but i recall there being at least 8 or 9 bassists, maybe more...
    dave

4. hirort

hirort

May 17, 2003
    Yokohama, Japan
  5. You might be looking for Bassiona Amorosa Live - 4 extremely talented DB players - Roman Patkoló (Slovakia), I-Shan Kao (Taiwan), Ruslan Lutsyk (Ukraine) and Gisèle Blondeau (Canada). Great stuff!

- Wil

6. dannbass

dannbass

Aug 5, 2003
    OH
    I think your boss saw something like this...

Daniel

Attached Files:

• i.jpg
      i.jpg
      File size:
      19.9 KB
      Views:
    • a.jpg
      a.jpg
      File size:
      23.8 KB
      Views:
  7. bercesibari

bercesibari

Jun 29, 2005
    Thanks a lot for your quick help! I guess the ensemble we have been looking for is 'L'Orchestre de Contrebasses'. But thanks for the other suggestions as well.

Barbara