Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass EQ Needed

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DavePlaysBass, Aug 6, 2005.

1. DavePlaysBass

DavePlaysBass

Mar 31, 2004
    CO
    I am looking for an external EQ that does not cost an arm and a leg. I like the semi parametric EQ on my EBS HD350, but I think I am looking for something that gives me independent control of the the low mids and high mids. Does anyone make a simple and effective two to four band semi parametric voiced for bass. I have the impression that the stomp box graphic EQs are not very good.

I am contemplating making something, but I am naturally lazy and would love to find something affordable and already figured out.

Thanks,

Dave

2. Off the top of my head Presonus makes a 1/3 rack 3 band parametric for $99 new. I haven't tried it though.

I would research Evilbay to get a quick reference of what's out there.

3. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    I think you'll find that the Fishman Platinum EQ is getting a lot of respect from some very picky people.....

4. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    [​IMG]

Hehehehehehe.... ;)

Meyer Sound CP-10 Complementary Phase Parametric Equalizer

5. ***?

OMG?

H O L Y C O W!!!!!!!!

6. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    Man...if I needed that much EQ to get what I wanted out of a bass, that bass would be oh-so-gone....

7. DavePlaysBass

DavePlaysBass

Mar 31, 2004
    CO
    Thanks for the responses. The Pre-Sonus at $99 is just what I am looking for.

Dave

8. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith

Sep 9, 2001
    Agreed.

9. Warwick player

Warwick player

Dec 31, 2002
    Bucks, UK
    Try the Yamaha NE-1. Pretty good for £49, dunno what that converts to, but its smart litle unit with really nice controls.

10. DavePlaysBass

DavePlaysBass

Mar 31, 2004
    CO
    Thx for the recommendation. Interesting device. It looks like a mid range cut device. I am looking for something to boost mids. At least I think so. I have not actually been able to try what I think I want to hear...

Dave

11. jgsbass

jgsbass

May 28, 2003
    Floral Park, NY
    Even though mine just died ( after 20+ years) I recommend the TC electronics dual band parametric EQ. Pedal sized, full featured para and its high quality. Don't know if they still make it.

12. DavePlaysBass

DavePlaysBass

Mar 31, 2004
    CO
    I cannot find it on the TC side.

Dave

13. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

14. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF

I thought Para EQ's were to adjust to room or venue specs?? That's all this is. :) Just happens to kick major ass and can be run in Stereo. :p It's basically the same thing that's on the Mesa M-Pulse amp with a few extras. 5-band Parametric EQ. I'd rock it!!

15. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City

http://www.thunderfunk.com/TF_Used_Gear.html

At the very bottom Dave has one of these for $95. They are fun little boxes.