1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Equalizer : MXR m108 vs Boss GEB7

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by demonmalfas, Oct 25, 2013.

1. demonmalfas

demonmalfas

Aug 26, 2012
    Hello.
    Im interested to trying some eq pedals and this two are very popular around...

Any opinion?

Thanks for your feedback

2. JEBassman

JEBassman Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Hi - did you decide on an EQ pedal? What was your choice?

3. Oleg BassPlayer

Oleg BassPlayer

Feb 4, 2016
    Ukraine
    I'm having the same dilemma. Or even trilemma: also I'm considering Maxon G601. No, pentalemma: also Mooer Graphic B and Yamaha NE1.

4. Honestly it will all depends on what is available in the Ukraine, plus this is an old post and there have been crazy changes. I do have a soft spot for the MXR 6 band Eq, I have one from the seventies that still gets play. But my main tone squeeze these days is the Southampton Ictineo or [sfx]AY2.

5. Oleg BassPlayer

Oleg BassPlayer

Feb 4, 2016
    Ukraine
    Each of those I mentioned is available here, but some only in online stores, and I'm having hard time choosing one.

6. cavemanbass

cavemanbass

Nov 5, 2010
    I found the sound quality of MXR to be way better then the Boss EQ. These are both very common pedals, I suggest that you A/B them at your local store.

The MXR is surprisingly heavy and it's 18v only. That may or may not matter in your case.

Oleg BassPlayer likes this.