Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Exercise Books/Sites?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Aerolithe, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Aerolithe

Aerolithe

Jan 23, 2005
    Columbia, MO
    I've been playing bass for about a month now. I'm learning all the basics, theory, songs and stuff like that, but I'd like some finger exercises too. I played guitar for a short period of time and had a book called 10 Minute Guitar Workout that I liked a lot, it had 5 exercises per skill level that you would play a certain number of times in two minutes, and after you reach a listed goal you move on to a more difficult set of exercises. I'm looking for something similar to this. So far all I've found is two books, one called 30 Day Bass Workout and one called Bass Fitness, but no reviews. Can anyone tell me if these books are any good, or recommend something else?

2. Im getting "bass fitness" on couple of days, so Ill let you know =)

3. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Got Bass Fitness, it's awesome!

Try also Power Tools for Bass by Fred Cockfield (comes in 4-5-6 string, 4 string, and 5 string versions.)