bass features/design

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Aenema, Feb 9, 2003.

1. Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    i want to know what all these designs and feature do for the tone of the bass. like neck thru, characteristics of woods, graphite necks add punch? etc.... can someone clear some of this up for me? i bought my cirrus tigers eye because it sounded kick a$$. now i wanna know what the features do for the bass and why it sounds like it does. :confused: :D
  2. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I think you might want to do a search on the forums regarding this. The best answer you are most likely to get is: "it depends". Each item certainly has as effect on the sound. I think the general consensus is that the wood has the biggest impact on the sound. Beyond that you are getting into subjective territory where everyone has an opinion on just what each of those components will do for them soundwise. I think it becomes even more complex when you look at the blend of features every bass possesses. Hopefully some of the more luthier-types will kick in with more concrete answers than this. It is just my observation that this is a very open and loaded question.

BTW, that is one helluva nice bass you acquired. I hope it brings you years of enjoyment. :)

3. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
  4. Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    hehe the only bass that sounded as good was a modulus for twice the price.... nice basses but i already took a dip for the cirrus! come on luthiers where you guys at? :D
  5. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska