Bass Feedback

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by downstairs, Jun 19, 2001.

1. downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    Is it possible for me to get a bass pickup that with thick distorion will get feedback like a guit8rs? I love guit*r feedback so much, when I play my friends, i play it, then go into feedback, then play more, its great. Well, and help will be good.
  2. Sounds like your looking for an effect.
    The BP-8 can do that & more.
  3. downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    what i am looking for is whenever i turn on distortion and let go of the strings, for them to vibrate, and make strange noises, scary even.
  4. Crank your amp and get your bass really close to the speaker.
  5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

"Scary?" Like Donne said, the BP8 should get you there. The unit has a score of good-sounding effects that don't "thin" your sound.

Also, if you have a graphic equalizer, push all the bands to the top, dime the volume and gain and face your speakers.

If you want the feedback to be very controllable, get a roll of very visible tape, set your amp to where you get the feedback you want then step away from the amp while facing it. When you get to a point where the feedback disappears, put down a piece of tape. Repeat this in different directions outward from the amp. Usually, you'll find the tape is laid out in an arc shape. Just stay outside this feedback threshold when you want to play clean and take a step in facing the speakers when you need it.