1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass felt flat on the floor. concerned! help!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bchamorro, May 17, 2011.

1. bchamorro

bchamorro

Nov 13, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    My bass just fell flat on the floor in its case. It's a Stingray 5.

The case was inside a cardboard box and the bass inside the case.

The box was vertical and leaning against a sofa. Somehow it slipped and it fell flat.

What are the chances that might bass has been damaged?

I was not able to check because a friend took to get it shipped.

2. Should be fine if its in the case and in the box. Not ideal, but im sure the case absorbed it. Can you get someone to check it?

3. bigbajo60

bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
    I used to own an SR5. I had only had it for about a week or two when it took a "stage dive" in a gig bag off of a 5 foot high outdoor stage (windy day) and landed on it's headstock.

:crying:

When I opened it up and checked for damage, all I could find was a mark at the very tip of the headstock where the gig bag's zipper teeth had been embossed into the finish.

:hyper:

Used that bass as my main gigger for the next 5-6 years with no major probs!!!

:bassist:

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Trust me, the shipping company it went to is going to do worse.

5. JSK5String

JSK5String

May 19, 2008
    Littleton, CO
    +1 What he said. From your little spill - it's fine. I'm having a flashback to the old Samsonite TV commercial with the gorilla in thye cage...

6. An unfortunate +1

7. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    +5. A buddy of mine used to work for a shipping company and told me once that seeing "fragile" on a package was almost an invite to see how crazy it could be treated when piling them onto trucks.