1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Fire Sale!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by MDBass, Oct 2, 2013.

1. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Dingwall-Fender-Jule-Dunlop-Tech 21-Darkglass-Nordstrand
    As the result of some unexpected expenses I closed the previous sale thread and have relisted the remaining available basses here at totally ridiculous prices! :bassist:

Details for each of these fine instruments can be found below in the thread:

Dingwall Combustion w/ upgrades

Spector Euro4-LX SOLD

Spector Rex 4 w/ upgrades SOLD

Vintage (1989) G&L Lynx w/ Moses Graphite Neck SOLD

I'm a professional player as well as a tech, and all of the basses have been well set up and properly intonated; they are all also sporting freshly cleaned strings.

There are photos of each bass below, and I can send additional hi-rez images to anyone interested as well.

Not looking for trades, though I may consider a trade+cash deal for either the Combustion or Euro as long as it's at least half cash.

Any questions of course feel free to ask.

Cheers!

2. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Dingwall Combustion w/ Upgrades

Second generation model (active/passive switch, bone nut, redesigned pickups, etc.) purchased new from a Dingwall dealer earlier less than 6 months ago.

Added push/pull volume pots for series/parallel switching, swapped out the preamp for an Aguilar OBP-3 and added some killer black aluminum knobs; ridiculously versatile and only 8.5lbs!

Absolutely mint condition, 10/10, still has the QC sticker on the neck; comes with a hard shell case.

[DEL]$1400 shipped/$1350 local[/DEL] $1200 shipped/$1150 local

Attached Files:

3. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Spector Euro4-LX

Purchased brand new from a Spector dealer a few months back - gloss black stain finish with gold hardware, trim pot Tone Pump preamp, absolutely MINT condition, 10/10, not a mark anywhere.

I'd really prefer to keep this one, so hopefully the other three sell first ;)

[DEL]$1400 shipped/$1350 local[/DEL] $1250 shipped/$1200 local in a Spector gig bag

Attached Files:

4. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Spector Rex w/ Upgrades

My first Spector! I've had a lot of sentimentality issues about letting this bass go, but my Coda and NS-2 simply get all the playing time now. I'm the original owner, bass was purchased new from a dealer about two years ago.

The pickups have been upgraded to EMG DC's and the preamp swapped out for an Aguilar OBP-2; a serious tone upgrade over the stock setup, and light for a neck-thru/all maple bass at 8.5 lbs.

Excellent condition, 9/10, the only noticeable blemishes are a tiny ding at the heel, a hairline crack in the clear coat on the lower bout, and some very light belt indentations on the back; comes with a Road Runner gig bag.

[DEL]$800 shipped/$750 local[/DEL] $700 shipped/$650 local - including the $350 in upgrades this bass would sell for over $1450 new, I dare you to find a better deal ;)

Attached Files:

5. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    G&L Lynx w/ Moses Graphite Neck

Purchased from a fellow TB'er a few months ago as I've always wanted a vintage G&L, but my Spector Coda and NS-2 are still what I pick up for nearly all of my gigs and sessions and it's too good to just be sitting around, so it's now up to someone else to rock it properly.

Obviously very unoriginal (it's apparently been owned by quite a few TB members in it's lifetime) with an amazing Moses graphite neck, an excellent satin black refinish, and new pots (the originals are included as well); the neck adds extra punch and resonance to the already ubiquitous 80's G&L sound, and brings the weight of the bass down to a very light 7.5lbs!

Excellent condition, 9/10, the only blemish even worth mentioning is a tiny ding near the output jack, comes with a Fender hard shell case.

[DEL]$550 shipped/$500 local[/DEL] $450 shipped/$400 local - just an absurd deal considering the Moses neck usually sells for over $500 by itself :bassist:

Attached Files:

6. Fair Warning

Fair Warning Deliverin' the Goods! Supporting Member

I saw these earlier locally. I like the G&L and the Rex. Good luck!

7. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks brother!

Let me know if you're interested in giving one of them a spin, they are obviously priced to sell ;)

8. johnsonabq

johnsonabq Watch out where the huskies go... Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Albuquerque, NM
    That Euro is gorgeous!

9. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks Jeff! That's the one I'm most reluctant to part with, but we'll see what happens ;)

10. pm sent

11. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    PM's replied...Euro4-LX is on hold pending payment and it looks like the Lynx will be spoken for in the next day or two as well :bassist:

12. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago

Attached Files:

13. jet_king

jet_king

Jul 31, 2009
    Chicago,IL
    i love arrested development...bump for Fire sale

14. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    The first three seasons are sitcom gold, but the most recent one just makes me sad that they cancelled it in the first place...my favorite episode will always be when Tobias is 'the mole' :D

15. RedLeg

RedLeg Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Kaiserslautern, Germany
    Nov Shmoz Ka Pop?
    anustart

16. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Rex and Euro are SOLD, Lynx is on hold pending payment! :bassist:

17. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    free bump for some sweet basses and a great seller!

18. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks brother, nice doing business with you recently! The buyer for the Lynx backed out, but there are two local parties interested so it will probably be gone this week regardless ;)

19. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Anyone still waiting for additional price drops should stop dragging their feet, the prices are already at bargain basement levels ;)

To The Top!

20. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    And the Lynx is once again on hold pending payment! :bassist: