1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass flanger settings?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sloppysubs, Feb 9, 2003.

1. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    Hey all I have a DOD fx-72 stereo bass flanger. i have been playing with it for some time now and can't seem to find a good setting for short flanging. i have a nice setting for when im playing continuous notes, but when im just hitting one or two notes and letting them sustain, im not getting the flange sound i want. does anyone have any suggestions or tips? thanks

2. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    I always liked the 'set all four controls wide open and run a pick down the strings' as a set closer. I gotta feeling that isn't the setting you're after though!

ummm... probably not necessary to mention that this was pre-flatwound days for me eh! Roto's all the way back then.

I'll dink about this evening and see if I can come up with anything more useful. Got a particular BPM in mind ?

3. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    hey
    i dont have any BPM in mind, just something that lets people and me know i have a flanger on but not the flanger that to fast or to up front.