1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

bass floor pod or zoom b2.1u ?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by perutxo, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Hi everyone,

Thinking of buying one of the two. Pros - cons??? for each??

Thank you in advance :bassist:

2. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    Did you try searching? There are tons of threads on these gadgets and their relative strengths. I think the short answer is that the PODs have somewhat better amp modeling and the Zooms have somewhat better effects. IME neither has an adequate bypass for my purposes. The Bass POD can get a ripping overdrive with the Hog's foot model but the effects are very limited. The Zoom can do a lot of pretty crazy stuff but I eventually found it to be the weakest link in my signal chain as far as sound quality goes.

3. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    If you want simple to use effects, go for the line 6 bass floor pod. the line 6 bass floor pod is actually the floor pedal version of the line 6 low down amplifiers. if you have tired the low down amps and do dig the sounds from it, definitely go for the bass floor pod. but if you prefer more variety in effects, definitely go for the zoom b2.1u. many members of talkbass praises the zoom b2.1u. it has a decent variety of effects, amp models, and distortion channels. if a variety of effects is what you're looking for in a multi-effects processor, definitely go for the zoom b2.1u.

4. thank you guys!

5. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

I've owned both.. the Pod is gig quality.

6. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

Roland if you want the effects