bass for g/f

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mind Eroded, Sep 7, 2005.

1. my girlfriend recently told me that she likes bass after seeing me playing it through the years and wants to learn how to play herself. For her birthday im planning on getting her some kind of bass. She only specified that it should be pink(go figure). She likes my jazz bass so I searched on ebay and stumbled across this:
    Im not an idiot and i know this jazz copy is probably horrible, but has anyone ever had any experience with this generic brand? I plan on getting it and as long as it has a somewhat playable neck, i'll be satisfied, as i dont expect her to actually take the instrument seriously.
  2. Matt H

Matt H

Jul 30, 2005
    Ithaca, NY
    rondo had ap ink sx jbass for a while (or maybe it was just the strat?)

i'd give them a ring and see if they've still got one around... or are getting them, or whatever...
    while SX is a crapshoot for quality- it's certainly more "well known" than that ebay link (for better or worse)

of course- they're probably made in the same factory... hahah
  3. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I woldn't bother with that ebay bass. If the neck is really basswood (doubtful) it is too soft to have any sort of stability.

What you could do, is get a white SX jazz from rondo, and then have a local body shop have it painted pink. They shouldn't charge much, especially if you just hand them a body. It doesn't need any masking or anything, either.
  4. Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    Daisy Rock has a pink bass with active electronics, and decent hardware.. (and it does not look like a flower) If the construction is as good as my Daisy Rock Retro H 12 string guitar, it should be a nice bass.

You could also try to find one of the discontinued pink Fender Mark Hoppus basses..
  5. tiredman9

Aug 15, 2005
    New York
    if you want to get here a nice bass get her the red fender mustang...its pretty pinkish...