Bass For Those With Accessibility Issues

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PHPGator, Jul 12, 2020.

1. PHPGator

PHPGator

Jun 5, 2008
    Hey Guys,

My dad had a mild stroke a few years back. Recently he told me he really missed being able to play his bass. His hands simply do not work like they used to. I had seen someone a while back (unable to find the video now) was playing on something similar to a keyboard. I don't believe it was a keyboard bass, although that may be the best option. With that said, I think he has the drive to learn how to play something like that. I was curious, is anyone aware of anything that might allow him to be able to continue playing?

I feel as though he would be limited to very simple bass, perhaps playing with one finger only. However, this would be better than nothing, I am fairly certain. Any direction would be greatly appreciated!

Note: I hope I am in the proper section. Please forgive me if I am not!

2. Volker Kirstein

Volker Kirstein Blippy the Wonder Slug Supporting Member

I just had a similar discussion with someone on Twitter, and we came up with lap slide bass as a possible solution for him.

Another option we discussed might be a "bass zither" or "bass harp," but those would have to be made.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021