1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass for wedding in EssexCT for Sat. July 30 1016

Discussion in 'Wanted: Bass Players' started by corinpills, Jul 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. corinpills

corinpills

Nov 19, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Pays $450 for the right player: lots of Motown and Soul, a bit of Top 40, some standards and ballads in the dinner set. I could get you the set list in advance, of course. &PM- 11PM.
    PM me if you are open.

2. sleeplessknight

sleeplessknight Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    I would totally be down, but I'd need to be flown out of and back into Seattle.

3. john m

john m Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2006
  4. ztpbassman

ztpbassman

Apr 11, 2005
    Brooklyn, NY
    Hi, I'm in Brooklyn, NY, but I can do this gig. I have plenty of club date experience. I know classic soul/motown tunes, can read or play by ear. I'm reliable, have great gear and a car. PM me.

5. Hi, My name is Dave Overthrow. I am very experienced in a variety of settings. Funk, Motown, Soul, Jazz Straight Ahead-Fusion, Rock, Mostly Anything.

I read notation, changes, great ear, humbly say an accomplished player. I am looking for some gigs like this for the summer. Usually tour or teach bass seminars throughout the country but have taken on some writing projects that want to keep my close to home for the summer and I am looking for good gigs. Would love to do this one. Have played with some world class players.

I am in New Milford CT. Check me out on YouTube or Daveoverthrow.com.

203-770-3810

Hope yo hear from you.

Enden likes this.
  6. NickFromNY

NickFromNY Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Long Island, NY

The problem might be that this gig was 2 years ago... i think it was probably covered already

7. Enden

Enden

May 1, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Dave, you're the man. I took a seminar with you at NGW when I was 16 and it was great.

8. Frampton

Frampton Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2010
    NY
    The bride and groom are already divorced.

9. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Gatineau QC CA
    No, they are still waiting for the bass player, the party is on hold. :cool:

Fred312b and peoriashows like this.