Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass FX for dance music...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by damo2576, Aug 9, 2004.

1. damo2576

damo2576

Aug 9, 2004
    Hey there

First post, just got my first bass - lovin it!

Wanted to get some kind of fx unit so I can incorporate it into electro style dance music with cubase.

Anyone have any suggestions for me? This is a whole new world of kit to me!!

Looking for something phat, dirty and cruncy...

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Damo

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    First, next time if the question is effect related, then it belongs in effects. Just my advice, some people are pretty rude when people post in the wrong area/forum

I would recommend a synth for your application. Think Tom Sawyer by Rush (though that is keyboard). Flange, phaser, or delay, could also work if used correctly.

Hope that helped a little.

3. rubo

rubo

Aug 25, 2003
    You have to be more specific abut the effect you're trying to achieve. Is it distortion, Delay, filtering maybe, reverb, or al in one. And also specify your budget. A good place to start is free plug-ins.

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/

Cheers

4. A lot of low-end

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Sounds like you're looking for EQ then, take a look at the BOSS GEB-7 Bass EQ. Also a synth bass would be cool.

6. I was answering the thread starters question, I probably should have been more clear. =\

7. damo2576

damo2576

Aug 9, 2004
    thanks for replys and not telling me off too much for posting in wrong forum... ;)

think i want an all in one unit, am looking at the deep impact at the moment.

also looking into connecting bass to pc/cubase to control my vst synths - anyone have any experience of that?

cheers

damo