1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Gear Magazine - IMHO - A Must Read

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bassmore, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Bassmore

Bassmore Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2007
    Virginia
    Hey All,

I'm big on sharing good news on good things and this one is certainly worth it for me. If you have not already checked it out, you should. This magazine brings it! I just got my first printed edition, prefer it that way. The magazine itself is certainly awesome. Nice and thick. Actually has quality stock gloss paper. Great Pictures (photography), easy to find table of contents, nice clear simple lay out on their reviews and most of all, articles that are well written by folks who seem to convey a genuine love (or lust perhaps:D) for the instrument and it's respective gear. Initially, I thought it was going to be a magazine about all the greatest boutique stuff that I personally could never afford but that is certainly not the case, I was wrong and they cover the spectrum well. If you're like me, there's really not a lot to really choose from as far as Bass rags go but this one really impressed me. It's not really a mag about anyones latest idol, what they might have to say these days, playing techniques or power tabs. This one seems to be all about The Basses and Amps themselves (a.k.a THE GEAR!). How their built, how they feel and how they sound by a group of folks who trully dig and are committed to what they're doing...BASS. Definitely a great read in my book.

I hope you enjoy it as well,

Play On!:bassist:

Bassmore

2. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    This magazine is truly for US - I hope this turns into a megathread.

3. links!

4. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Please post threads in the appropriate forum. Moved to Misc.

5. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I tried to get the electronic version and no go. Not sure what I did wrong.

6. Bassmore

Nov 2, 2007
    Virginia
    Kelly Lee,

My Bad. :eek: Apologies.:) Thanks for moving to the correct section.

Thanks again,:bassist:

Bassmore

7. +1 It's a very impressive magazine. And, while we all have been arguing and battling over testing procedures and ratings in a couple of mega threads in the amp section, I give total credit to Tom and boys for bringing some of the complicated issues to light.

I've learned a ton about power and SPL testing based on these discussions, and as many know, it's always fun for me to argue with Tom:D

If I remember correctly, I am proud to be their first paying customer:)

Highly recommended.

K

PS. I'm taking up a collection so they can afford to not put that big Behringer ad on the inside cover!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Bassmore

Nov 2, 2007
    Virginia
    http://www.bassgearmag.com/

Don't know if this will work any better than what you may have already tried but thought I would try to help.

Best of internet luck

Bassmore

9. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I still want to see you and Tom run a point / counterpoint section like the old SNL skit:D

http://video.aol.com/partner/hulu/s...helle-triola/L40MNT7XBfXlDBk9nZRykX6Er3EYMY5u

10. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    No problem. I really do sound brutal in my post sometimes, huh? (that's a rhetorical question BTW!) Sorry about that. :cool:

11. Ezbass

Ezbass

Apr 3, 2008
    U.K.
    Deperately waiting for my subscription to arrive in the UK, not that I need any more excuses for GAS!

12. hasbeen

hasbeen Commercial User

Sep 23, 2004
    Vice President, KMC Music. Warwick U.S. distribution, Ampeg distribution
    Hello Tom et. al.-

I received my print copy of Bass Gear yesterday. Congratulations, it looks great! I read it cover to cover.....while drinking a martini.

Great end to the work day but, my wife says that I'm still working because I'm reading a bass magazine. :D

Anyway...great job.

Roger

13. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Thanks, Roger!

That martini sounds like a good idea... :smug:

14. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Thank you for the kind words, folks! We do offer a free iPaper online subscription, a downloadable pdf ($1.99 per issue that you want to download), and paid print subscriptions (6 issues/year, $30 for USA, $35 for Canada (and Mexico?), and $50 for all other international subs).

If you have signed up for the online edition, or if you are trying to download the pdf, and you encounter any difficulties, please let myself or Martin Roseman (macmrkt) know and we will try to resolve the issue for you. The same goes for print subs (if they have not arrived yet).

And it's worth mentioning that if you or anyone you know is a bass player in the US Armed Services currently serving on active duty overseas, we will send them a free print subscription!

Also, print subs will soon be available for purchase in Sam Ash (might be there already) and also Guitar Center (probably not in the stores just yet).

Again, thanks for the kind words!

Tom.

15. Bassmore

Nov 2, 2007
    Virginia
    Tom and Marty,

Awesome way to help Support Our Troops!

Thanks again,

Bassmore

16. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Got the electronic subscription. Awesome stuff!

I would get the print subscription, but I won't be living in one place for the next few months. Maybe once I stay put for a while.