1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Gear Magazine Offers Free Print Subscriptions to US Military Personnel

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Sep 15, 2008.

1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    There are numerous musicians, particularly bassists, serving in combat zones in the Middle East. In honor of their efforts, Bass Gear magazine will send any member of the US Military serving overseas, a free subscription to our magazine. Just sign up for a ‘free digital’ subscription at www.bassgearmag.com then e-mail us at circulation@bassgearmag.com letting us know you are US Military serving overseas and we’ll take care of the rest.

Bass Gear Magazine features reviews, include listening, use and complete BENCH testing of basses, amps and speaker cabinets. For the first time, readers find out the actual power ratings of their bass amps, how low their speakers go and the electronic and physical details of their instruments. Reviews feature beautiful exterior and interior photos, comments from our technical editors about craftsmanship and construction, and a 5-point Bass Gear rating.

For additional information, contact Martin Roseman of Bass Gear magazine at marty@bassgearmag.com or call
    305-674-9420.

2. PocketGroove82

PocketGroove82

Oct 18, 2006
    Chicago
    Awesome Idea!
    Thank you for your support.

HOOAH

3. I'm a combat veteran, Staff Sergeant and former Drill Sergeant. But I'm Stateside now. Any way I can squeeze in? :hyper:

4. Bass Gear.. proving once again to be the BEST Bass Magazine on the planet!
    Bravo! and well done.

5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Just to be clear, anyone can get our free digital subscription. We will be sending these troops who sign up free print editions.

Thank you to all currently serving personnel and to all vets! We greatly appreciate your service!

And while Martin and I are both proud American citizens, who appreciate the efforts of those who serve our country, please don't get us wrong. We salute and admire all of those serving in the military branch of any nation (at least those who do not support terrorism). Bass Gear Magazine is a global magazine, and we try to keep it from being too USA-centric.

But, I can't deny the fact that I am a proud US citizen (though not always exactly in-step with the apparent priorities of our current Administration), and I 100% support our troops. So, given an opportunity to help in this very small way, we are happy to do it!

Tom.

6. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    That's awesome, guys! Thanks to all who serve, and thanks to Tom and the gang for doing this. You're ALL to be commended!