1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass/gear rentals?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Greyvagabond, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Greyvagabond

Greyvagabond Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Hey guys,
    I'm going into the studio to record my band's debut album, and I'd really like to bring in some awesome gear to record with; I use a parts Pbass and a Traynor amp now, but I'd really like to go in with a nice vintage PBass, and maybe an SVT (the studio has a B-15, which I also can't wait to record with). Does anybody know anyplace that rents high quality gear on a weekly basis? I'm in Boston.
    Let me know guys!
    Mark

2. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
  3. Greyvagabond

Greyvagabond Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I thought I was the google king! Damn you're good!

4. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    It's all in the wording...I think the word you needed but probably didn't use was "backline."

BTW, don't sell your parts P-bass short. I have a PJ made out of the cheapest parts I could find, and I have an SX P, and I used to have a 78 Precision. Recorded, they all sound identical.

5. To continue this train of thought, you might not want to bother with an SVT. I once did a session with the "studio standard" of a miked B-15 and a direct box into the board, and the tone both solo as well as the rhythm section (the drummer and I tracked together) was godly.