1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Gear vs Guitar gear

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CharlyG, Mar 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. CharlyG

CharlyG ~ he not busy being born Is busy dying.

Jun 11, 2005
    West Hills, Ca.
    SO, I was over on TGP and they had a bass gear vs guitar gear thread, and how the amps are so technically different. We are each looking for different things from an amp.

I mentioned that I like to use clean ss amps and dial in some Duck with the neck and a little Chris for bass. I used to say Jaco, but I'm so far from a jazz bassist, I should not bring it down..........

Basically some Duck thump and a touch of Squire grind. For some reason, on both guitar and bass amps, I like my tone halfway between British and American.

I have played many a time thru a guitar amp(not the speakers!!), and no issues..

So there are many things to discuss, and lets' see how WE come at it.

2. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

My GF owns one of those sadly discontinued Fender Lead 75 combo amps equipped with a single 15". It works equally well with bass as it does with a guitar at reasonable volume levels. Bass on 4, mid on 4, and treble on 2 with a tiny touch of reverb on the clean channel works really well for bass IMO.

CharlyG likes this.
  3. declassified

declassified Commercial User

Aug 17, 2011
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Owner Valkyrie PedalWorks
    I use a fender blues Jr. Around the house. I like the loosy goosy feel and treble quack of it. I had a rumble 150 and couldn't dial out the mud