Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass gig available in Boston

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by joeyv, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joeyv

joeyv

May 30, 2005
    Boston
    I was not sure where to post this and I hope I am not in violation of any posting rules.
    I have been searching for the right bass player in the Boston area for quite a while. I have had some really great players however none that could commit to the amount of work that I have. I am playing 15 to 20 dates a month sometimes more and the pay is never less then $100. per gig. I have had some great freelance bassist like Lucas Pickford, Dave Buda, Greg Loughman and currently doing alot of the gigs Jim Lamond.
    I am hoping I could find somebody on this website who could fill the role and do the gigs. The music is ecclectic and the styles covered are almost everything, an example would be bassplayers who can play funk, r&b, soul, NewOrleans Funk, latin, second line, jazz,smooth jazz, rock, all blues styles, swing , reggae, surf,rockabilly and country. Really play the stuff too, not just interpate it, but really play in the styles and have a keen sense of when to anchor and when to let go as well as having the ear chops to just get up and play, no rehearsals,no charts just quick communications,and sense of where the band is going. Improvisors, love this gig especially if they have big ears. You must have transportation,be an easy going hang and be a kind person as well as a M.F. on your instrument..
    If any of you guys are living in the Boston to Southern N.H. area and want to really get out there and gig,play good music,make some some decent money please email me at joeyvellucciband@yahoo.com
    :bassist:
    Thanks,
    Joey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.