1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

BASS GIG BAG BLOWOUT AT MUSICIANSFRIEND

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by truckin88, Oct 31, 2006.

1. truckin88

truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    I am not sure where to post this, but I don't want any tbers to miss it, MF is offering a Gator gigbag for bass for $12.99 in their stupid deal of the day. That is an obsurd price for a good GB, I ordered 2, the only thing was when I tried to order online I got the standard price, when I called they gave it to me for the deal of the day price!!!

2. I've bought five or six of the regular padded Musician's Friend bass gigbags and they are only 19.99 all the time and they're great. Don't forget about those too.

3. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I can't say I'm a big fan of the flames....

[​IMG]

4. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Maybe the flames are what makes the deal stupid? LOL

I'll have to pass on this one.

5. Pruitt

Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    I agree! I have several of these MF GB's and for the price, I don't think they can be beat. They hold up very well. Well worth using when you don't want to spring for some of the more pricey bags out there. ;)

6. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
  7. Thanks for the pointers to all these bags. One thing that makes me nervous about the Gator is the plastic 'hardware' on the shoulder strap. The pics of the MF bags don't show the back and straps. Can anyone tell me what the straps look like and what type of hardware they have on the MF bags? I recently bought a different bag that I really like. It has metal D rings on the bag but I had to ditch the backstraps because they had really weak looking plastic clips.

Thanks,
    S

8. BluesyCat

BluesyCat I'm irresistible. Gold Supporting Member

Jul 28, 2006
    Southern California
    Staff: Bass Gear Magazine
    I spent the big bucks and bought Body Glove gig bags. They're really nice.

9. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY

Cool! Would you mind posting pics of the inside and outside? They don't really have a very good picture of this bag on any website.

10. BluesyCat

Jul 28, 2006
    Southern California
    I could do that when I get home later today. The bass fits super tight-real tight. It's very padded both sides and really protects the bass very well. The little carry pouch is useless and so are the shoulder straps, which cannot be removed. They're permanent. I bought it at Sam Ash.

11. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    You guys should know about the Carvin (yes I said Carvin)
    bass bags. Obviously made off shore, but for $35. its a
    professional bag, more like the Under Cover, or Moradian.
    Three big storage pockets, two foam padded straps, big
    zippers, and a more firm foam like my expensive bags.
    In my opinion, much better than the cheapie Gators.
    I trust my $3,000. basses in these bags. Not quite as
    good as my Under Cover bags, but close. At $35. its a steal.
    imho

12. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Thanks B-String. The only reason I haven't looked into them is because about 5 years ago I bought thier gig bag at the time online, and it is the cheapest, flimsiest thing ever. Its almost like it was made for an ABG. I'll look into the carvins.

Any chance you would be willing to take some pics of the inside and out of yours too?

13. BluesyCat

Jul 28, 2006
    Southern California
    The Body Glove bag appears to be better padded from the photos. It's a cross between a hard case and a soft case. That is what I forgot to mention....Body Glove bass bags are heavy! They're also $110.

14. The MF bags have metal clasps that are attached to metal rings for the straps. They are well made, a bargain for $20. I first bought two, then two more times I've gone back for another two. Hey, at $20/bag I can store my SXs safely. However, with all my 15 or so bags from different vendors, I've removed the straps on every single one as I couldn't imagine walking around with a bass strapped to me like a backpack. I just carry 'em, just like a case.

15. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    just signing on for any other good info that may come up.
    I really like the G&L/Reverend bags...

16. +1 on the G&L gig bag. anybody know who makes these or where to get one a la carte.

the MF bag is basically the same as the Fender Deluxe gig bag without the metal stamped Fender logo.

17. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I would put the Cavin bag close to the Body Glove bag.
    It may not be quite as richly padded, but it has better
    storage. Its also $75. cheaper. The sides are flat, not
    pinched and sewn like the cheapies. Good handles and straps.
    The inside of the bag has a leather like pad for the bridge
    and headstock.
    I've been a bag freak for more years than want to admit.
    I look at bass bags at NAMM. I'm NOT a big Carvin fan.
    These are just much better bags than the MF bags and are
    a very good deal at the price. You just have to live with
    CARVIN on the front of the bag.

18. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

19. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

They're also selling the Fender P/J bass gig bag for $20 as well!