1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

bass gods angry at ampeg?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ollybarclay, Dec 5, 2006.

1. ollybarclay

ollybarclay

Dec 14, 2005
    recent typhoon in vietnam...where production of some ampeg products has been moved recently?

think it'll mean production is moved back to the states? where there is less risk of total devastation from typhoons..?

2. You trying to start a flame war with the ampig army?!

:p

3. bass gods lol

4. That typhoon killed lots of people. Nothing joke about it.

5. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    You don't know, becasue you weren't there...

6. ollybarclay

ollybarclay

Dec 14, 2005
    true...my boss was though, got all the gory details.

total disaster :(

7. we had one of those around here about fifteen months ago. we call them hurricanes, though. also, i don't think missouri is safe from tornadoes.

robb.

8. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    What about the people who were killed and displaced?Maybe Ampeg should do something for the country that they are so benefiting from.

9. tkozal

tkozal Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2006
    New York City
    Well, sometime if I have an hour, I will type the story the guy at MF told me when I canceled my order for a Combo.....he said he could tell me even more bizarreness off line about Ampeg....

So I bought SWR

10. Warr Tapper

Warr Tapper Banned

Sep 17, 2006
    Work
    Oh please. Don't get started on that. Maybe ALL amp companies should do something from the various regions they are benefitting from. I am no Ampeg sympathiser, (even though I own one of their preamps), but don't start all this Ampeg bashing again, it's getting real old.

11. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    I'm not bashing Ampeg at all and have no reason to do so(maybe you have me confused with some one else),my statement is what it is and I'm standing behind it.
    They are benefiting and have benefited from the very same people who has suffered and are suffering from this recent weather related incident.

12. Rwm8088

Rwm8088

Nov 17, 2006
    Florida
    MAybe they'll move their factory to somewhere in the southern states... no typhoons, just these annoying things called hurricanes. They don't mess up production for long... maybe a year or two, just ask Peavey. THat's what their local sales rep told me when some speakers I ordered were delayed for 2 months... I thought they were made overseas, but he said that those words came from the Peavey corp themselves, in Mississippi.:rolleyes:

13. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Does the name 'Katrina' ring a bell?

14. i hate weather! it delays products and throw's basses out of tune!

15. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    Ampeg has nothing to do with any storm. Tfurthermore they owe nothing to the "people" they are benefiting from. Those people are compensated via a job/salary.

As for katrina, that is what happens when those at the helm place more importance on parties and getting elected than in preparation for the inevitable.

16. These are two separate things.

First, it's true that Ampeg has nothing to do to prevent any storm or weather related incident.

Second, a job is not a (forgive if I'm not using the correct words) goal by itself. So they are not compensated via job/salary, they're just making true a human right, and the way to get better as a person, as it is a esential part of human nature. Besides that, it is the way they get food in their plates, as you do and everyone else does.

Now, if a job is a human right and part of human nature, it is not a goal by itself, it is a way to get something more fulfilling out of it, a good life.

So it's not Ampeg doing a favor to vietnamese people if they pay them fair salaries (I don't know if they do), It is a obligation they have to them.

In this case, at least some help from them, to help their own workers in times of need, it is something they should do, as I can't force them :smug: , but maybe this we'll make some people think for a while

If I managed to write it correctly.... :meh:

17. aren't typhoons commonplace in the 'nam?

18. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Thank you.

19. Warr Tapper

Warr Tapper Banned

Sep 17, 2006
    Work
    Do you mean they are taking advantage of them when they are at a weak point? You make it sound like it's "The Ampeg Typhoon" or something. Why don't we jump all over Mesa for the California fires that are happening. Unless I missed something, how is Ampeg benefitting from these people?

20. HeavyFingers

HeavyFingers

Mar 18, 2006
    NOVA
    Typhoons originate in the Pacific and Hurricanes originate in the Atlantic...so they are as common place as hurricanes in the states.