Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bass/guitar combo

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Tom_Hamilton_fan, Feb 15, 2001.

1. this is an idea that i've been pondering for a while. i was thinking of getting a bass and an electric from like a pawn shop (due to the cost), chopping then appropriately and sticking the two together to make like a hybrid. i'd run each one through a seperate amp.

is this a stupid idea or not?

2. sticking the two together to make like a hybrid. i'd run each one through a seperate amp.

is this a stupid idea or not? [/B][/QUOTE]

USE LOTS OF DUCK TAPE!!!!

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Who cares if it's a stupid idea or not??

Sounds like it would be a blast to me. Just so you don't feel alone, I've seen a few bass/guitars (not to be confused with a bass guitar), one in a vintage geetar book and one in bass player. Somebody from the 60's died, and in his "obit" column they showed a picture of him playing a bass/guitar.

I can just imagine you getting pissed at yourself for playing too many leads though...

Good luck, let us know how it turns out!

4. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    The band Jucifer, who are a regional band in the SouthEast, have a drummer and a bass/guitar player. She has like the regular 6 strings of a guitar, and underneath them, are the bass strings, so she likes plays them both at the same time.

5. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    Robin Guitars has a model that is what you're describing,a 4 string bass and a 6 string guitar sharing one body,I forgot the model name.

6. Suburban

Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    Spirit of Steinberger. @ musicyo.com.