Bass Guitar Scale/Chart

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassmangreg, May 21, 2003.

1. Is there a universal bass guitar dimension chart available anywhere yet that have most of the bass measurements so one could compare without traveling to visit each bass?

I am trying to find out which basses has the most perfect matching scale and dimensions.

I'm mainly interested in the five string basses such as the American Fender Jazz, American Precision, Zon Sonus, BTB 515 Ibanez, Roscoe Beck 5, Pedulla (that happy face bass), Pedulla Thunderbass, Roscoe 5. MTD 5's etc.
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well most of them have nut measurements, scale length, radiuses, and string spacing at the bridge, 12th fret, and last fret on their website. I know Roscoe doesn't but e-mail guy, he'll fill you in. And I think Zon is a little shy on the specs department, but he's also good with e-mails. has links to all of their websites.
  3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I can understand what you're getting at - but I don't think it's possible.

So - I used to like the sound and look of Warwicks, but foudn that when I actualy got to play the ones I liked the neck was so thick - fron to back that they were very uncomfortable and unplayable, for me.

I found I preferred a flatter and possibly wider neck - so I started looking for basses that didn't have necks that were too thick, front to back - not width across the neck.

But when I looked for measurements on the net or even emailing/phoning up companies - they couldn't tell me and some even said they had never thought anybody would be interested.

I now believe that there is no way to tell if a bass is going to feel comfortable, until you actually get it in your hands and try it.