1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass guitar secrets the cg-x system

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by mcmillanricky, Oct 21, 2006.

What is the CG-X system?

Poll closed Oct 24, 2006.
  1. is it any good?

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. how does it improve yr playing?

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mcmillanricky

mcmillanricky

Oct 20, 2006
    does anyone have this and what is the cg-x system help please thanks

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    The question came up before and the consensus was that there are no secrets, and if anyone tries to sell you some, they're lying.

3. mcmillanricky

mcmillanricky

Oct 20, 2006
    that maybe true but i want to know if my summation is correct is it a system based on the I-V pause then any other scale tone could u let me know please i have been arguing with a friend who wants to buy it! if u or anyone u know has a copy of the ebook of Bass Guitar Secrets the CG-X system could u please email it to me at mcmillanricky@hotmail.com thank you

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    You do realize what you're asking for is both illegal and against talkbass rules. We will not facilitate the illegal transmission of copyrighted materials.

If you want to know so badly, you're better off buying it.

5. Toneonbass

Toneonbass

Jul 1, 2006
    there are no secrets, just lots and lots of good info for a very nice price!! and no I won't give you a free copy!!

6. mcmillanricky

mcmillanricky

Oct 20, 2006
    All I want to know is am I right in my summation thanks

7. I-V is simply a fundamental harmonic progression where you can begin to build from it in many ways.
    for example:
    I-V-I
    I-II-V-I
    I-IV-V-I

I don't really know what the "pause" means.

8. Haha, the two options in your poll make no sense whatsoever...

9. that's what makes it so much fun to vote.

10. K'Ching

K'Ching

Sep 25, 2006
    Copenhagen
    I voted "how does it improve your playing?"

11. dabass

dabass Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2005
    NYC
    Please elaborate on the I-V concept/progression! What are some good "references" that are recommended!!

12. mcmillanricky

mcmillanricky

Oct 20, 2006
    as someone has already pointed out this is a seriously good progression to start from it can also be written as the root-fifth.................what i want to about this so called "CG-X" system is, is it the same as this I-V pause/interval(to allow the musicians "room" to play, and be heard) an I believe the X means one other note from the scale. eg in the scale of "C" it would be C,G,-,D, for example. With the '-' signifying the pause/interval in the bassline.........my friend is insisting on buying this book i'm telling him he doesn't have to but I don't know if I'm right about this CG-X system, hope this clarifies everything for you all, any other questions don't be afraid to post.:bassist:

13. mcmillanricky

mcmillanricky

Oct 20, 2006
    the I-V progression is a fundamental music progression in practically every kind of music there is except maybe cRAP, unless they use a sample, for examples listen to James Jamerson, any american rock band ever, Led Zeppelin (with Zep, listen to how subtle John Paul Jones makes his rock groove, usually using the I-V progression as a start point!)

14. mcmillanricky

mcmillanricky

Oct 20, 2006
    do you want to learn a really good grooving technique which helped me get a couple of subbing jobs during the summer( before my bass' neck snapped, damn those cheap wood users damn them, i now need to save up for a new bass, as replacing the neck wouldn't give it the same sound!) anywho if you want to have a go at this technique send me an email at mcmillanricky@hotmail.com