Bass guitar shops in Paris

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 5fretless, May 22, 2007.

1. Will be in Paris this weekend and staying near Monmatre. Any decent guitar shops nearby ??

I thought there was a large store near Pigalle . Non ?

Any advice would be great !

Merci in advance

2. ninnlangel

ninnlangel Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2005
    France, Switzerland
    there are a few good stores near metro Pigalle, such as bass center - www.basscenter.fr

They are all in that area.

3. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I have to say.... I've been to Paris and shopping for a bass is about the last thing I'd ever think to do there......

4. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    Mais oui! But what is the first thing?

5. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL

Well, the original poster is from South Wales. . . where I assume there are even fewer music stores. . .

6. California Music, rue pigalle is where you need to go. Biggest bass store in france.

JP

7. basstong

basstong

Jun 13, 2005
    Paris, France
    JP's right, California Basses is the biggest shop. But there are a few others just near.
    Just ask for thoes two streets: ''rue de Douai'' and ''rue Victor Massé'' as many of the Parisian bass/guitar shops are there. That is in the ''Pigalle area'' anyway.

8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

London's not that far from Paris....:p

9. maziarmafi

maziarmafi

May 25, 2013
    I am going to Paris on July. I want to sell my Tobias there, thought I may get more for it there. Anyone knows a few places that buy used hi-end basses in Paris?

10. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    What he just said.

11. Rnb4003

Rnb4003

Oct 14, 2014
    New Jersey
    Any new advice ?

12. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

As said, 90% of shops are Rue Massé and Rue de Douai.
    it used to be the biggest music quarter in Europe with 70+ shops but the internet happened, nowadays there are maybe 20 left.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021