Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bass guitar stands

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by alansan, Aug 17, 2004.

1. alansan

alansan

Mar 12, 2004
    Dublin, Ireland
    I'm looking for a stand that will hold four basses. I've heard that some finishes can be damaged in the long-term by chemicals in metal foam-covered stands, Rickenbackers for example. Any opinions about this?

If its true then I was thinking of a wooden stand, but I have noticed that then you're into 'beautiful high-end' territory. I'm not looking for a stand that costs the same as a new bass.

Does anyone know a supplier that is making moderately priced wooden stands? ;)

2. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    You could always buy a commercial stand like the Warwicks and change the padding to whatever suits to avoid finish damage to the instrument(s). Cheaper and easier than a custom or a DIY.

3. Bob the Bass

Bob the Bass

Aug 13, 2004
    UK
    That stuff about chemicals in the foam damaging the finish is old hat .. the Warwick stands (individual and rack) are excellent - I rack my Ric, Peavey and Yamaha acoustic on one & have had no problems at all

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Off to Miscellaneous.