1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Hanger You Put In Your Hardshell Case?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bigthemat, Dec 21, 2017.

1. bigthemat

bigthemat

Jan 25, 2008
    Salt Lake City
    I swear I've seen these before but cannot find anything in my searches. What are the stands called that you use on your hardshell case where you open the case and put it on it's side, and the hanger sits over the case to hold your bass. Is that a thing, or am I just making it up?

Thanks,

2. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    You mean something like this?

warwick-rockcase-rs-20850-b-2-rockcase-5-multiple-guitar-stand-case-347012.

If so, this is a dedicated stand case. In other words, the case only transports the stand and not your bass.

3. bigthemat

bigthemat

Jan 25, 2008
    Salt Lake City
    No it's not a dedicated case/hanger. It was a hook that you put on your bass's case that had a hanger hook. The cass was open and on it's side, and then you put the hook thing on top of the case. Does that make any sense?

4. bigthemat

bigthemat

Jan 25, 2008
    Salt Lake City
    5AAFD4B4-A938-4721-95D7-3BD2C325DEBA.

Here is a crappy drawing of what it kinda looks like

Crusher47 likes this.
  5. BaileyMan

BaileyMan Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2012
    San Francisco
    That looks like a cool idea! I've never seen something like it, maybe it's time to do some prototyping and get a kickstarter campaign going!

bigthemat likes this.
  6. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

That’s a cool idea right there.

7. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Don't over engineer it. Make it something that could just sit on the case.... maybe with Velcro.

Engineering something that would flip out automatically and not damage the bass would be too cute by half and have a lot of parts that could break.

Crusher47 likes this.
  8. Don’t know about the case one. I had a hangar that could loop around the handle on an amp or go between the head and cabinet and hold a bass or guitar so it didn’t slide off of the amp. Don’t remember who made it though.

9. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    The only downside I can see is what to do with all the stuff that lives in my cases besides a bass, and what to do with all the stuff i stsh in my case when I'm playing, like keys, phone, etc.

10. btmpancake

btmpancake Gold Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Apollo beach, Florida
    Good idea but what about cases with accessory compartments- maybe provide some velcro to help keep them close?

11. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    It makes a lot of sense, but I have never seen one ;)

Count me in on the "cool idea" crowd.

12. MRlowend

MRlowend Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2015
    South East, Missouri
    basshanger.com (out of production)

View attachment 2850572

13. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Only one for me. $20 or so.