1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass Hanon

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Chrispurchase, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Chrispurchase

Chrispurchase

Oct 24, 2007
  2. HaVIC5

HaVIC5

Aug 22, 2003
    Brooklyn, NYC
    You know...you could just buy the actual Hanon exercises. There's a whole lot more than 20 of them. Better yet, you can get them all free (legally) at this link.

http://imslp.org/wiki/The_Virtuoso_Pianist_(Hanon,_Charles-Louis)

I'm sure the way these exercises are presented is different with more detailed explanations of everything and different fingerings/ways of practicing them, but all 60 (and more) of the exercises are there for your viewing pleasure.

3. Chrispurchase

Chrispurchase

Oct 24, 2007
    Thanks for the link, will cone in handy

4. bakjewel

bakjewel

Mar 6, 2009
    Wow I didn't know that there was Hanon for bass guitars as well

5. paul_wolfe

paul_wolfe

Mar 8, 2009
    London
    There isn't as such.

I took the Piano Hanons and adapted them for bass...transposed them to every key, programmed a midi file for every one...yada yada yada...great technique exercises though.

6. Bass2daMix

Bass2daMix

Dec 11, 2009
    California
    I haven't used the Bass hanon yet, but one thing I know is Paul is a great guy and he stands behind every one of lessen he offers. I wouldn't hasitate to try it out if you are interested.

7. I'm auditioning for Jazz studies in less than a month and Hanon #1 in C is required for the audition. This is the only thing that it could be, right?