Bass Harmonizer Pedal ?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by lopsy_lu, Jun 6, 2005.

1. lopsy_lu

Feb 15, 2005
    Scotland, UK.
    Just curious if anyone on here knows of a pitch shifter type pedal that has a harmonizing function that would work properly on a bass...

2. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Digitech Whammy works absoultely fantastically- the red WH-4.

3. boss also makes a pitch shifter too that can do harmony...the name escapes me though...
  4. dee rob

dee rob

Feb 3, 2003
    austin, tx
    I believe the boss is a ps5 super shifter.

5. lopsy_lu

Feb 15, 2005
    Scotland, UK.

I wonder how well it works with a bass.. :confused:
  6. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Akai Unibass people
  7. Ba55Man1ac

Ba55Man1ac Gold Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    DigiTech BHM4 Bass Harmony Machine... but good luck finding one!
  8. xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    dont quote me on this but i believe boss makes or did make the "HR-2 Harmonist". Ive seen some on ebay, you should check it out. Other wise there is the new super shifter (which retails at $400 AU in store!!) and theres the old PS-3 (i think) which is a pitch shifter + delay which is supposed to be pretty cool, not sure how it works on bass, but morello uses one apparently.
  9. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    The Boss PS-5 works well on bass.

Terribly wrong when it comes to extrem settings, of course (-2 or +2 octaves), but if you remain within one octave up or down, it tracks very well.

Sounds synthetic though. But well, it's a pitch shifter, it synthesis the sounds...

It is really built for guitars and that is obvious when you play it, such as the OC-2 (not the OC-3, this one works better with his bass input), but it works well.
  10. lopsy_lu

Feb 15, 2005
    Scotland, UK.
    shame it only ships the USA though :(

although I found one on it was pretty beaten up..

I'll keep on the lookout :ninja:
  11. xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    bear in mind that ive never used one, but it would seem like what ur after. otherwise go the supershifter, theres one on ebay that comes with a powered pedalboard for $115US... bargain i thought. considering the prices we pay in australia at least.