Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bass height

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Blunk, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Blunk

Blunk

Aug 14, 2002
    Hi,

not sure if this is really a technique topic, moderators i apologise if this needs to be moved :meh:

the other day i picked up my bass to practice, and the height just didn't feel right - but its the same height i've been playing at for almost 2 years now - i can't find a comfortable height for my bass at the moment...

i feel like i've lost my mojo!!!!!! :(

has this ever happened to anyone? i'm sure its just a biological thing maybe, muscles grow here and there and it might throw things off a little as time passes - its just a bit disconcerting at the moment!

i don't like the feeling of having to fidget when i strap it on and try to play or practice!

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Well, where do you usually play it. I play it up really really high :p. It works.

3. Try this

When youré sittin on a stool,chair whatever with your bass in your lap as if you were practicin try adjusting your strap to that height when youré sittin down then stand up and see if that works

4. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Well, where I play the bass just varies all the time, and sometimes I will mess with the strap even as I'm playing...

But I can't relaly play high...like where it is when i'm sitting is fine, or usually I play standing with well, keeping my hand by my crotch (you guys know what I mean)