Bass help

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JameelRS, Mar 12, 2006.

1. JameelRS

Jan 28, 2006
    Denver, Co.
    Does anyone know of any effects or electronics that I can use to get my bass deeper? I have a bass with some EMG-HZs in it, and it just isn't deep enough. I've got a pretty decent Crate amp and the bass is turned up all the way on the amp and the bass. Someone help please.
  2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Why do you want deeper? Do you not feel your amp is loud enough? You're looking for more bass?

What kind of Crate amp are you using?
  3. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    If you mean deeper Hertz-wise I'd suggest an octave pedal of some sort. I don't own one but the digitech BSW seems to be a good one, as does the EHX POG. If your looking for more bass, get an Aphex Bass Xciter. It commpresses the bass freqs to give the illusion of more bass.

EDIT: also try to add some low mids (boost around 170-250 Hz) to get a "deeper" but more defined sound. Also cutting the treble will give the illusion of more bass. Thats what I do on my PDDI: I leave the bass flat, boost the mids at 200, and cut the treble completely. Works great! :bassist:
  4. JameelRS

Jan 28, 2006
    Denver, Co.

The amp has plenty of volume. There isn't enough bass though. I'm using a BT100.
  5. JameelRS

Jan 28, 2006
    Denver, Co.
    I'll have to check that bass exciter out.
  6. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    The Crate Bassamps I've tried are great amps for small venues, but alwasys seem to be a bit underpowered... especially running 100 watts into a 15" driver. The BX115 was pretty decent sounding, just not all there...

on that BT, try turning up the Octave channel on it. that should give you some 'presense' as it were. The Bass Xciter might help.
  7. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    I fooudn that too about that model crate.......

For deeper sound, perhaps try not so much boosting the bass alone as cutting the treble and high mids.