Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bass help

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slick77, Nov 22, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slick77

slick77

Nov 22, 2000
    Congatulations on chooseing bass!I'd go with the Fender,if its Mexican the woodwork is probably pretty good and you can up-grade the electronics with U.S.Fender parts.Plus,the name will help in re-sale when you up-grade.For amps,I'd go for a small combo that sounded great,Fender has some good ones,reasonably priced.Once you get your tone you can plug into a P.A. for power.Much better than carrying a gigantic rig.

2. slick you have been registered less than a hour my time and your profile is all ready filled out, now thats a shocker , congrats on your new bass unless i am reading your post wrong, then just welcome

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Hey, Slick, welcome to the board. I'm assuming by the nature of your question that you were actually trying to answer a newbie's question. To do it, press "post reply" instead of "New thread"

Will C.:cool:

4. slick77

slick77

Nov 22, 2000
    Hey,Thanks for the welcome!Did I do something wrong in filling out my profile?Maybe I misunderstood? I did press "reply",I don't know why it came up as a new thread.Thanks for your help.

5. Filling out the profile is the first thing anyone should do even before posting, you did nothing wrong. But, many dont fill out their profiles at all for some reason. Anyway welcome to the board, hope you find it helpful and inspiring!

6. As Mesa Man said, you did something right! Profiles are friendly and helpful. And don't worry about the new thread. I'll close it up now.

Welcome to TB!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.