1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass ID help

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lamborghini98, Mar 30, 2006.

1. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    I visited my friend in MD a few months ago and he took me to some ridiculously awesome guitar store (on the order of Rudy's in terms of quality of gear, but SO much better, IMO) with an awesome bass section. They had a lot of Ken Smiths and Alembics and stuff on the wall... all pretty normal stuff... but then they had this strange bass. It had a hollow body with two tiny little F-holes in it. The body shape was also pretty weird.. and big, from what I remember. The thing that got me was the neck profile, as it was clearly thicker on one end than on the other, making a rounded scalene triangle. The sound was nice (I think I remember it being warmish) and it played beautifully.
    So.. the round up:
    Big, weird body shape.
    Small headstock.
    Hollow body w/two tiny F-holes
    strange neck profile (thicker on one side)

anything?

2. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    Anything like this -

[​IMG]

3. lamborghini98

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Not even close : /
    lol.

it was all wood... zebrawood top as I recall. TINY f-holes. it sounded so nice... i just dont play 5-string... otherwise i might have looked into it more seriously.

4. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    Ya coulda been more specific :p

5. picknslap

picknslap

Sep 9, 2004
    Manteca
    As I'm posting this, for some reason I just realized what you meant by "tiny f-holes" so these aren't exactly tiny, but I'll post it anyway.

[​IMG]

6. Giraffe

Giraffe Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    San Diego, California
    Check the Linc Luthier website. I don't know how to provide a link for you, but you will get it right away if you use that spelling. "Hard V" neck profile, tiny not-really-an-F hole, small headstock. Great tone. The ones I've played tended to be heavy. I had one with the heaviest, carpet-covered plywood case in the world.

7. lamborghini98

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR