1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass import fees to US??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by thehurlatron, Sep 8, 2008.

1. I'm looking to have a bass shipped from EU to me here in the US. Does anyone know if there are any import fees or such that I'll need to pay? Or how that all works?

(MODS:if this is the wrong forum, please move for me, and sorry)

2. nemo

nemo

Mar 19, 2004
    Czech
    I would just clarify that this question can be related to any bass or gear imports from EU to US.

Hey guys, who have imported the bass from EU to US - did you have to pay any import duties or VAT at the arrival?

(this thread pertains to me in a certain way.. ;) )

3. deaf pea

deaf pea

Mar 24, 2005
    Cuernavaca 1 hr S Mexico City
    Seymour Duncan/Basslines SMB-5A Endorsing Artist
    Whether you'll have to pay customs fees or not depends TOTALLY on the country of manufacture . . . if the equipment was manufactured in the USA, there shouldn't be any import duty (customs fee), but if it was manufactured ANYWHERE else (NOT from the USA) you will need to pay!

FWIW, the shipping company usually takes care of the paperwork, adding the customs fee to "total due" for the shipping . . .

4. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I bought a Warwick from a canadian seller and had to pay import tax...about $75 bucks.