1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass in And Justice for All

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by RexNFX79, Mar 19, 2009.

1. RexNFX79

RexNFX79

Jan 12, 2009
    TENNESSEE
    Just saw this on youtube. I love old Metallica and I thought this was a good album but It's always annoyed me that you can't hear the bass in the original tracks. Someone put these tracks on youtube with enhanced bass. I've heard that the lack of bass was a Burton tribute but I've gotta say, they should have used the basslines more. Sorry if this has been posted but give it a listen and say what you think......

2. Godbody

Godbody

May 27, 2008
    Yeah, I thought ...And Justice For JASON was great when it came out. I've read in interviews that they made the bass inaudible as a hazing ritual for Jason. And I do believe it was essentially inaudible; I was never able to hear it no matter how I eq'd in on a succession of home stereos.

When I first set out to listen to all of Metallica (circa 2002), I wound up buying all of their albums. I bought this one last, and never listened to it unless a friend asked me to put it on, because I can't stand not hearing the bass.

3. Dertygen

Dertygen

Dec 21, 2008
    A-Town, Colorado
    Oh-ho-ho-nice!

:bassist::bassist::bassist: