Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass in DMB "Save Me" video.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by sargebaker, Feb 19, 2005.

1. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    It plays on the dvd at work and i caught a glimpse of a bass i first thought was a Dingwall I was intrigued, upôn closer inspection I don't think it is. Theres a part in the song where the camera zooms on near the bridge of the Spector and then theres a shot of the headstock and bit of the neck of the bass on a stand... DOes anyone know what bass it is? I know it's not the Flea.

2. It's not DMB if you want to get technical, just dave "and friends" and it's Tony Hall playing. Not Stefan as if it were the DMB. Hope that helps.

3. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    ahh well I didn't get a real chance to analyze the video, honestly DMB and Dave on the whole doesn't really do it for me, that song isn't bad though, but I wanna know what that bass is! I'm thinking maybe Lakland.

4. glydebass

glydebass

Dec 3, 2003
    Atlanta Ga
    Tony Hall is a sponsored Spector player. Im not sure which one he plays but I know its a fiver. He was in a couple of ads for Spector in Bass Player magazine during the Dave and Friends tour. Go to Emylou Harris' website and he might be there cause he normally plays for her.