Bass In Paris, France

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by LawrenceGould, Feb 4, 2005.

1. LawrenceGould

Feb 4, 2005

This is kind of a longshot, but here goes...

I'm leaving for a trip to Paris (France) in about 2 weeks... and I've got to pack really lightly.

I'm used to practicing about 1 1/2 hours a day.. and I've gotten to the point where I really enjoy it. The day doesn't quite feel complete unless I've done at least 20 minutes... usually more.

Now, I'm really concerned about not being able to bring my bass. I'm staying in an apartment that is owned by relatives, so I'm thinking that:

1) it would be great if I could meet someone in Paris who would loan me an inexpensive bass for a week. I could give you $ to hold for me until I give the bass back.....; or

2) if necessary, I would try to purchase an inexpensive used bass and just throw it under a couch for use whenever I am there.

So, any ideas out there...?
  2. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    believe me, in Paris, you won't need a bass.
    Just go out, hanging out in the different places of the city, do sightseeing, Don't bother playing alone in your room like a asocial/pathetic child.

If you really really really need to stick your fingers on a bass, go to Pigalle, there is a lot of music store there. A lot of whore too ... but Hey ! perharps they like playing music !
  3. LawrenceGould

Feb 4, 2005
    Well I certainly take offense at the pathetic/asocial part of the comment. But perhaps you are right, my vacation is suppposed to be a vacation from my life here... so perhaps 6 or 7 days of complete difference would be good for me, as much as I will miss my bass...

Probably can check out a few music stores if I really jones for a few pops and slaps...

Anyway, thanks for the replies....