Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass in the car.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fallon, Jul 13, 2003.

1. fallon

fallon

Jul 6, 2003
    Scotland
    Was wondering what everyone has in their car,by way of amplification;certainly I love bass and I spend two hours a day driving,so I got a healthy bottom end set-up.Stay cool.Scotland's slap bassist,"Fallon".

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
  3. - Archos Jukebox Recorder 20 GB (Rockbox installed)
    - Car's original radio/cassette player
    - Sony Xplod 604EQX 4x60 watt EQ'ed amp
    - Front: car's standard 2-way system
    - Back: 12" sub in 1 cu.ft closed box

4. fallon

fallon

Jul 6, 2003
    Scotland
    Pioneer 50w/channelx4 radio/cd head unit,Vibe VP4 1200watt digital amp,Vibe BM100 twin(ported enclosure housing two tens)Great for Lee Perry's "Super Ape In'A Jungle"C.D.Stay cool.Scotland's slap bassist,"Fallon".

5. as for bass i have an infinity kappa perfect 10 10" sub in a .6 cubic-foot sealed box. it is powered by a JBL P180.2 360W amplifier bridged mono.

the front doors are kappa perfect 6.1 2-way components and the rear doors are kappa 5x7s. these four channels are powered by a JBL P80.4 360W amplifier putting 40W/ch into each door.

the head unit is an eclipse 54410, and i have an eclipse 21010 5-band graphic + fully parametric sub band EQ 1/2 DIN EQ unit. the head unit and the EQ unit fit into the factory hole of my 2000 ford focus. it's a pretty tight system, but i could stand to upgrade the amps. the speakers are some of the best available.

robb.

6. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I spend more time listening to music in the car than anywhere else, so it makes sense to me to have a decent sound in there.

Picture a station wagon with a boot that's empty except fot a pair of sony 6x9 speakers. Hidden under the drivers seat is a 4x125w Sansui amp. I use 2 chanels to run the 6x9's. The remining 2 channels are bridged and I have a 1/4 inch jack lead that runs to the boot. Why? So I can plug it into my bass rig on the way to gigs. I usually use the 15", sometimes the 2x10, adjusting the eq etc from the stereo unit.

Word of advice. Don't advertise the fact thet you have a decent stereo by blaring it crowded places. You're asking for your car to be stolen..........

7. I walk... and don't even have headphones!!!!!!
    I rarely listen to music anyways.
    why I replied? I do not know

8. My system's good for a mild headache now and then; nothing spectacular but punchy, clean, and, when I get reckless, loud. I, too, drive at least an hour and a half per day, so a bit of money invested in enjoying that drive seems sensible to me.

-Pioneer DEH-P8500MP
    -Infinity Kappa Components
    -2 12" AP Subs (powered by 500w bridged)

I've yet to patch the Goliath III into it, though I've often considered it. Now THAT should be punchy!

-Seth

9. i want that infinity sub and such

10. Save up. I got 2 12" and i couldn't be happier with the sound and performance but they do require a LOT of power to make them sound real good. I am using 1 1,000 watt memphis amp and i know that isn't close to the power level these puppies can handle.

11. You must be stone deaf. 1,000 watts in a medium sized car with medium efficient subs will do 140+ dB. More than twice as loud as the pain barrier. Or do you just want to be able to say: "I got 1,000 watts in my car"

:rolleyes:

12. I know the result of listening to music at high db levels and i don't have the set up to say "I got 1,000 watts in my car" I use this system at high levels only for competition and not for everyday use (that would be insane). And when i do compete i use 35 db cancelling earphones for my protection.

thanks for looking out.