bass in the case

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by TizzleNizz, Mar 9, 2004.

1. ok.... what's the EASIEST way to put your bass in the bag? lay the bag down on its side and put the bass in like that?
  2. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I don't know what is generally easiest. For me, the easiest way is to hold the bass upright in playing position with one hand and place the completely unzipped bag over the bass's neck first. Then you can zip the bag down the neck, along the ribs and on around.

Once that part of the bag is on, you can lay it over zip to the endpin, zip the other zipper on the other side of the pin and collapse the pin.

You're done.
  3. Joe Taylor

Joe Taylor

Dec 20, 2001
    Tracy CA
    Get your assistant to put it the bag for you. You all have assitants to help out.

4. lermgalieu

lermgalieu Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    I have my assistants' assistants do it since my assistants are usually pulling the car around and peeling me grapes.
  5. Practice!!
  6. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    That's how I do it
  7. Brent Norton

Brent Norton

Sep 26, 2003
    Detroit, MI
    I hold the bass upright with my knees, drape the fully-unzipped bag over the pegbox and around the body, and zip the side zipper down. I then lay it on its side, and button everything up. I like holding the bass with my knees because it frees up both hands, allowing you more control to make sure those zippers aren't scratching the finish as you put the bag on.
  8. OK, I give...I use Brent's knee technique....Extend the end pin a little first to give some room to zip up.
  9. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Be careful! You don't want to catch your pin in your zipper!
  10. I got my pin caught in my zipper and missed the damn gig! :crying:
  11. olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
    Man, I knew this thread was going nowhere ! :rolleyes: