1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass in the style of the Gretsch G6119B?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Frettage, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Frettage

Frettage

May 30, 2009
    Louisville, CO
    I love the looks of the G6119B, but couldn't afford or justify one. Does anyone make a decent inexpensive bass in the same styling?

2. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

Jul 31, 2006
    Dallas
  3. If only the Eastwood was available in a single cutaway version!!

4. jallenbass

jallenbass Supporting Member Commercial User

May 17, 2005
    Bend, Oregon
    Ibanez make hollowbodies in that body style.

5. Check out the Waterstones. I have a TP-4 and it is a great piece of work. Nice build quality and a beautiful easy-playing neck. It sounds good too. I've owned several Waterstones and they have all been well worth the money.

6. Frettage

Frettage

May 30, 2009
    Louisville, CO
    Just saw the Waterstone Indra. It appears this model has been discontinued, and they're selling them for cheap. Are they good? Couldn't find much information here on TB.

7. Frettage

Frettage

May 30, 2009
    Louisville, CO
  8. JohnnyB53

JohnnyB53

Nov 1, 2009
    Yes. The AFB200 is a hollowbody archtop bass with 30.3" scale and available for $499 plus case. Notice that it has a floating bridge.

[​IMG]

The Ibanez mini-buckers are pretty decent, but I suppose you could get a Gretschier vibe by swapping in some TV Jones Thundertron pickups.

I was previously interested in the Eastwood Classic 4 but for the same price I sort of have my eye on one of these now.

9. Soma666

Soma666

Aug 27, 2006
    I have hte Ibanez Artcore series guitar version of that. Its a very decent guitar. Always been into the hollow body vibe. Never knew they made these in bass version. might have to sell the geet, lol.

If you like hollo bodies, i dont think you could go wrong, Ibanez nailed the Gretsch sound and feel on the guitar version of it and I love it

my 0.02

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 23, 2020