Bass in your underwear

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Tash, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Since I'm on spring break this week I've found myself doing this an awful lot: I wake up, feed my cats (they're usually why I woke up in the first place) then think "What shall I do today?"

Since I have nothing that I absolutely MUST do by a certain time, I just wander into my studio and pick up my bass for an hour or so, usually before I bother to find clothes or anything.

So who else frequently plays bass in a tshirt and boxer shorts?
  2. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I, like you, was on Spring Break this week. I played my bass in boxers/tank top plenty. Always make sure to give it a good wipe down afterwards though :p.

3. gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    Im an insomniac of the first class, and luckily I have my own place. I'll jam with the drum machine at 2am, or wake up in the middle of the nite on some whim on an idea and try to play it. Id like to record em!
  4. ive done it live a few times, and often pickup the bass after ive been in the hower - clad in a towel! :)

so yeh. i play semi-naked a lot.. :)
  5. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    My girlfriend won't let me sell my bass because SHE played it naked.

However, I usually have underwear on. I've been known to go days without wearing pants. Long story, but it also usually involves bass playing.
  6. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    hehe some days it is the FIRST thing I do... sometimes I just get that urge to play bass :hyper:
  7. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    You know, I'm not sure I'd want to sell a bass that's been through a wondrous experience such as that.

I've done the towel-out-of-the-shower thing a couple times, but I find playing without pants can be kind of chilly on the legs, so I usually grab some jeans.
  8. Every night before I go to bed. I run through the only scale I have memorized sofar and the small pieces of songs that I know. Boxer and t-shirt playing is the best! lol :cool:
  9. playing bass is the last thing i do before going to bed and it's the first thing i do when i get up...just a normal day :D
  10. i do it sometimes if i'm thriving, but it's not like a compulsive attraction. i lost that passion a while ago. its more like "hell, maybe this'll work. i'm not really going to be on time anyways, so i can just take my time to figure this out"
  11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    ... then, I go back upstairs and polish my fretboard.
  12. markus

Jan 13, 2005
    I think it's discrimination that you have to be lefthanded to be able to play bass while driving (except for if you live in GB or like dead bugs on the head)
  13. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  14. I admit I find this thread is a little wierd. Do you *really* wanna know if I play my bass in my skivvies? :smug:
  15. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Never done it.

then again, I sleep in the clothes i'm wearing the next day, so rarely am I ever in just my boxers
  16. Hell yeah bass in the boxers... roxxors...
  17. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Why do you put on so much clothing for playing bass?? *L* I've done the "step out of the shower and pick up the Bass" almost weekly..
  18. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    It's the comfiest way to play.

19. I don't know about you fellas, but 1st thing in the morning, I can play standing up...without a strap...if you know what I mean. :D
  20. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    It's the comfiest way to live.

I used to work for myself in a home office, and lived in boxers. I had gotten so used to it, that I checked the mail, took out the garbage, answered the door, etc. in my boxers.

One time I was outside talking to a neighbor, and as we talked I noticed she was feeling uncomfortable. When she walked away, I looked down and realized I was wearing my boxers.

But to answer the question, I have played the bass in my boxers (as well as many of life's activities).