1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Indentity

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dumbfarmboy, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Dumbfarmboy

Dumbfarmboy

Nov 6, 2013
    Any ideas on the origin of this body. I got it a few months ago to build and had a hard time finding a neck that fit the 2.2" pocket. I'm sure it was probably something cheap but it looks decent.[​IMG]

Thanks

2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

pic link isn't working.

3. RonSound

RonSound Proud Registered Supporter of Talkbass Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 24, 2008
    owner: RonSound effects and repairs
    Pics fixed for OP

4. :rolleyes:Well, where is the picture of the headstock with the name on it so we can identify this thing.:rolleyes:[SUB]. . . I'm kidding[/SUB]

5. mthoople

mthoople

Nov 1, 2001
    Denver, CO
    Ibanez used those individual bridges on the higher end SR basses.

6. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Yeah, can we get a headstock shot?

7. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Plenty of manufacturers use string ferrules, and Ibanez uses them on almost all the SR and BTB models.

Sorry OP I cannot tell you what the body is, I can tell you that it is not an Ibanez. If it is Ibanez, it is some kind of odd ball model.

8. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    OP mentions he had a hard time finding a neck to the fit the pocket so I'm thinking a shot of the headstock isn't going to be much help. :)

9. Dumbfarmboy

Dumbfarmboy

Nov 6, 2013
    Yes I found an old Rythmline neck that fit with a little side shimming. The body only came with the ferrules and back plate, I added the bridge, p-ups, pots. Maybe it started life as a 6 string and someone else tried to make a bass out of it. The scale come out just shy of 31" and I find it easier to play than my Peavey AC BXP, just wish it had a better neck.

10. Dumbfarmboy

Dumbfarmboy

Nov 6, 2013
    Thanks for fixing the link EH.