Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Innovation like nobody,s business!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sargebaker, May 6, 2005.

1. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
  2. Good Lord....... :rolleyes:

3. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    well it does "sing" ... how bad can it be :D

4. You haven't heard me sing yet.... :eyebrow:

5. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Mmmmmmmm. Poorly planned, constructed and finished.

I'm gonna start making basses out of basement junk and sell them on ebay too.

6. Make one out of a small car for the bassist on the go!

7. I would simply disconnect the back curved "body anti-resonance plate" or whatever he wants to dub that, and use it like an Electric Upright. If you look past the really stupid part of that bass, you start to see a potentially good "core"....

Who knows? If I can get it for 50 bucks, I will.

8. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    $10 eh?

9. Rapscallion2112

Rapscallion2112

Apr 21, 2004
    Detroit
    who knows what he calls it...what is it for is what im wondering...it looks like a skateboard ramp though.

10. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    and this after people said his stuff was starting to look good...

a new low for wishnevsky.. not thought possible but...

11. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    "Half-pipe."

You know, I think I threw up a little in my mouth.

12. Rapscallion2112

Rapscallion2112

Apr 21, 2004
    Detroit

haha, ya...thats it..

back when i used to skateboard i'd just hang out with my friends in drained out pools...haha...tryed one of those once...and almost broke a leg..

but ya, i got the urge...but i dont think i actually could bring anything back up

13. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    At the risk of bringing back an old trend, I think we can call the concept of this bass...

...asinine. :D

14. simpy1

simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
    I like playing with EQ settings....just a volume knob would frustrate me intensely.

15. DubDubs

DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
    It's gotta be an EUB because there's no way you could play that as a Bass guitar. I'd say that it wasn't a bad one except for that strange wing thing coming off the back and shielding the sides.

16. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

I don't know weather to attempt to play music with it, shovel snow with it or go sledding with it.

Either we are all right about that bass, or Wish is a genius and we'll all eventually buy one. I think it's safe to say that we're all right on the money with that. I do like the idea that he used old piano wood. It's been given time to continue to harden. What do I know, it's 2AM. Blah, blah, blah, yadda, yadda, yadda

I'm going to bed.

There is a strap nut on it, so I guess you wear it.

17. lowphatbass

lowphatbass ****

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    I don't know what I find more disgusting, the fact that the bass was described as "a Steinberger you can hold on to" or the the fact that Wish has 100% positive feedback. It takes a lot of "personal work" for me to step back and realize that there is a market for this, and that market is bieng satisfied. My "wish" is that nobody is getting injured(physically or mentally) trying to play these poorly concieved pieces of crap.

18. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    That's pretty harsh.:eyebrow:

19. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I'd pay $10 for it, Maybe $20, but not much more, It's nice firewood, but not that nice.