bass instruction in cincinnati,oh?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by ColForbs, Aug 12, 2001.

1. ColForbs

Jul 21, 2001
    Anyone know of a professional bass player in Cincinnati, OH that offers private lessons? I am interested in someone who is very knowledgeable of proper technique, and how to teach it, and is proficient in many different styles (jazz, blues, latin, rock, reggae, etc...)
  2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Cincinnati is a city with an astounding number of great bass players. Are you looking for a DB teacher, or a BG teacher? If you're looking for references, you might check at the conservatory...I'm sure someone there could set you on the right path.
  3. ColForbs

Jul 21, 2001
    An electric bass guitar player....there are an astounding number of great double bass players...but I have yet to find a great electric bass teacher...The conservatory is where I plan on beginning my search...All of the teachers there teach double bass thoough. Too bad Bootsy doesn't give lessons :)
  4. Well I take lessons from a guy who drives from Cincinnati to Dayton every monday to give me and some other peope lessons. I think he teaches in Cinci though. I will ask him and let you know in a couple of days, but if you are looking to learn technique......... i'll just say hes good. REAL GOOD.
  5. gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    If you find one, let me know. My son's instructor bailed on him. I know there's a guy at Mars Music that has some credentials, but that's all I know. And, yes, there are LOTS of really good players around here. The local jam night can have as many as six bassists waiting to go up and play!
  6. ColForbs

Jul 21, 2001

That would be great. I am a very motivated player, and I am looking to learn from someone I can really TRUST is giving me good advice. Let me know what he says.