Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Instruction (Texas)

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Shellac, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Shellac

Shellac

Feb 10, 2003
    Texas
    Not sure if this goes in this section.

Anyhow, I'm interested in private electric bass instruction, preferably with someone in the Houston (W,SE,SW,S), Sugarland, Alief, Stafford or Missouri City area. Basically the greater Houston area.

Though I plan to play a different style myself, I'd like to use Jazz as a foundation. That said, I'm looking for someone with a rooted background in Jazz (but the more styles the better), with experience teaching and gig history. The individual does not have to be actively gigging. Hopefully this person will also understand music theory and the instrument of choice very well.

Also, this person would be my first serious instruction, so if I've left vital info out or if you think I'm asking too much please state so.

Other things that may serve relevance: I'm using a 5 string bass. I have all of my own gear and I have my own transportation, and I'm quite serious about this. Note however that I am, at the moment, looking for qualified individuals for possible instruction, but may not actually start study until 3rd or 4th quarter 03' due to other academic duties.

If you know of someone or are an instructor yourself, feel free to PM me. Please PM, as opposed to email. I'm here more than I'm checking my email. =)

2. Shellac

Shellac

Feb 10, 2003
    Texas
  3. Toony

Toony

Jun 15, 2001
    Texas
    Bruno, check the postings at Guitar Center. I'm going this Thursday to pick up some strings, if you want to go with me.