Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bass Karma

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by stuie86, Aug 3, 2003.

1. stuie86

stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    ok i was thinking about this at the block party we had tonight.

well for the past few months ive been pretty free about loaning my gear or books(about bass) or what ever else you can think of out to freinds.

ok short story. my freind jeremy wants to learn bass, so one day while he was over hanging out i told him to take my fender and one of my small amps home with him and go at it, i told him one day ill get then back from him(he's had them for a good four or so months now). then again tonight, a family freind got him self a guitar, well we where talking about it for a while and i brote up to him a "giutar for dummes" book and said go at it.

so once again ive been pretty free with my gear(this isnt a story to glot about how nice a guy ive been im getting to a point).

(ok heres the point) tonight i was at the block party and i was talking to the bands bass player, we got to talking about actoins and stuff like that, well i told him about the bad action i have on my ESP, after i was done all he said was give me a call at ..... and ill come and fix it for free

i know it was a long story but what im saying is "bass Karma" it out there. give freely

discuse, share "bass Karma" stories

P.S. im really sorry that must have been hard to read, im the worst speller, forgive me.

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Just FYI That's Karma

3. stuie86

stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    thanks man

4. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    That's cool. I hope things come back around for me... I've done a lot for others so far.

Funny story- my bass teacher, who has become my friend, called me up from the side of a road one time. His van ran out of gas, and asked me if I'd bring him some. I have him a gallon or so, and he reciprocated by giving me a book for my lessons. Nice of him, eh?

5. stuie86

stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    well i really thought this would be a good thread to share storys about the world of bass players really helping each other out, well may bad