Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass kits

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 20one, Jan 14, 2004.

1. 20one

20one

Jan 10, 2003
    Abilene, TX
    I've been thinking for my fretless I'd like to get a bass kit... I don't have the nessesary tools and craftsmanship to build my own but I'd like to put my own artwork on the body/headstock... I've checked out the Carvin bass kits but I was wondering if there's any other places I could look for em?

Thanks!

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Kits per se? I don't know.

You can buy necks, bodies, all the hardware you'd need from someone like Warmoth. It will be more expensive than a Carvin, but you have more choices.

3. rdhbass

rdhbass

Jun 28, 2003
    Springfield, mo
    If you wanna go cheap, there is a kit with a basswood body and paddle headstock for you to shape and is called "Saga" bass kits. They are all over the internet and are real cheap. If you wanted a fretless, get a rosewood board one and just simply pull the frets out and fill them. How hard is that?
    R.H.

4. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    y'know, i saw a bass recently made from cheap parts (something custom parts something or other) and it was just that, cheap. go for quality.