1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass kits

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 20one, Jan 14, 2004.

1. 20one

20one

Jan 10, 2003
    Abilene, TX
    I've been thinking for my fretless I'd like to get a bass kit... I don't have the nessesary tools and craftsmanship to build my own but I'd like to put my own artwork on the body/headstock... I've checked out the Carvin bass kits but I was wondering if there's any other places I could look for em?

Thanks!

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Kits per se? I don't know.

You can buy necks, bodies, all the hardware you'd need from someone like Warmoth. It will be more expensive than a Carvin, but you have more choices.

3. rdhbass

rdhbass

Jun 28, 2003
    Springfield, mo
    If you wanna go cheap, there is a kit with a basswood body and paddle headstock for you to shape and is called "Saga" bass kits. They are all over the internet and are real cheap. If you wanted a fretless, get a rosewood board one and just simply pull the frets out and fill them. How hard is that?
    R.H.

4. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    y'know, i saw a bass recently made from cheap parts (something custom parts something or other) and it was just that, cheap. go for quality.