Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bass klon

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by John Marat, May 15, 2004.

1. John Marat

John Marat Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Phoenix, AZ
    I have always been a pedal freak, and have never been quite happy with any overdrive pedal that I have owned. After hearing all these great things about the klon centaur I decided to call and ask if it worked with bass. Bill a.k.a. Mr. Klon told me that he made a bass version of the pedal. I went ahead an ordered one. I have never read or heard anything about this pedal. It is going to be 8 to 10 weeks till my pedal is delivered and wanted to know if anyone here has heard this pedal….

Jb…

Somnambulance likes this.
  2. Judging from the prices of the Klon pedals I'm not sure I WANT to know how good it sounds...

gregmon79 and Somnambulance like this.
  3. probly sounds good, if not you got a doorstop that you can brag about.

4. John Marat

Mar 29, 2004
    Phoenix, AZ
    Luckily if I don’t like it the resale is good… :) It's not that much more than a fulltone thought…

Jb…

:bassist:

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Sweet. Any sound clips?

6. John Marat

Mar 29, 2004
    Phoenix, AZ
    I will make some when I get the pedal... I was hoping somone here might have heard it before... The guitar version sounds good hope the bass version is on par...

jb...

7. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish Supporting Member

Has it shown up yet?

8. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    ...6 years later, I'd hope so! :p

9. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish Supporting Member

He hasn't posted since 05, wonder if he'll respond. BTW bongo, why no CS-2 review?

10. TRUTH

11. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Not much motivation, honestly. It's supposedly the same circuit as the CS-3 but without the tone pot. But I guess I should try one anyway.

12. TRUTH

13. faceinbass

faceinbass

Apr 20, 2008
    KCMO
  14. karter2000

karter2000 Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2005
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Hmmm....I guess I was full off it. I thought that a bass version of the Klon didn't exist. I'm curious what the changes were, as the schematic/layout for the guitar Klon is pretty well known at this point.

15. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Klons are a bit worshiped over at TheGearPage- never heard anyone mention a bass version of it before though.

16. isn't the klon's buffer really it's most significant feature?

17. But, he logged in back in January of this year. I sent him a PM.

18. AndersS

AndersS

Nov 10, 2008
    Denmark
    I've had the CS-3 and currently own the CS-2. To me they seem different enough to warrant a comparison. They both roll off the deepest bass, but the CS-2 seems like it doesn't roll off as much. Also if I remeber the CS-3 correctly, the CS-2 seems to dig in a bit more. Also the CS-2 rolls off some highs. The CS-2 I like for simpler vintage-y sounds (Juan Alderete of the Mars Volta uses 2), but for overall compression, the Diamond Bass Compressor with 24v adaptor is hard to beat.

19. $1370 US, whaaaaa! It's some kind of new math conundrum, but that is way more than I have in my entire pedal board.

20. Pandafist

Pandafist

May 6, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Why won't this pedal's fame die?