BASS LASSON: James Jamerson "I Was Made To Love Her"

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by -=DanAtkinson=-, Feb 27, 2010.

1. My 2nd lesson video. Breakdown of the Jamerson part from Stevie Wonder's "I Was Made To Love Her".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHeMl0yjz_A

I wish I had a P with flats laying around, but the customer wanted that P with rounds. Oh well, I guess that's what the tone knob is for. :)

2. The Butler

The Butler

Oct 11, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Dan,
    Great job. Tone is fantastic. Awesome lesson.
    Also, loved the "Ramble On" video. I'm in GA also.
    Steve

3. jazz3625tonic

jazz3625tonic Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2003
    Canada
    +1 Very, very cool man.

4. awesome that makes me want to learn to play the song! thanks! the tags on the video surprise me though! :p

5. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    Great stuff.

6. Cool tune, great playing and nice sound!

It's kind of weird for me to think of some of those chords (A#m instead of Bbm etc...) in terms of sharps when the song is in F though.

7. jlt5x

jlt5x Supporting Member

May 8, 2007
    chicagoland
    Very nice!

8. Well, the song really isn't in the key of F. It's got C#\Db plus D#\Eb. And the A#\Bb is a minor. So it's one of those tunes that really can't be assigned a key.

9. beam2611

beam2611

Jan 14, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Good job, cool tune,
    I was surprise to see you play this song in and around the 5th position, as I have always played it in open position (first 3 frets) except for the climb, but it does make a lot sense...

In no way do I want to hijack your thread, but...I thought that it might interested you to check out my playalong rendition of that cool tune here

Enjoy!

10. great lasson, ive been meaning to figure this out.

11. Bondtana

Bondtana

May 9, 2008
    Great stuff man... love the slowdown

More Jamerson Please

12. Mr.Phil

Mr.Phil

Apr 9, 2005
    Upstate NY
    Great playing, great instruction, definitely in the key of F. You have a minor IV and a bVI in there, (mode mix from parallel minor). Ah, the hell with it, great job.

13. Going to learn this one when I get home.

Keep the videos coming, your picking some really good tracks!

14. check out jamerson's hook on youtube.....he does a great cover

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021