Bass learning Software... is it worth it??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bongo499, May 19, 2005.

1. bongo499

Jan 10, 2005
    I have been playing bass for around half a year but taking it pretty seriously.. I put in a good hour a day of good practice and an hour a day of just playing around. I take 1 lesson a week. I have been looking up 2 bass teaching software. One is Emedia Bass method which is 20$\. Or bass Magic which is 180$$ yes 180$$. Ive herd magic is awsome.. i am willing to spend 200 on a good software... has anyone tried any of these softwares or herd reviews asbout them?? please leave all that you can.. Thank you :hyper: :bassist:
  2. kalo

Jul 29, 2003
    IHMO, I had purchased the magic guitar III software about five months ago and with in two days RETURNED it back to the company. I lost a $30.00 stock fee.

If you have a teacher and learn songs, theory, and maybe even sight reading that should help quite a bit...

The Magic Guitar III software info was okay, but it's not the same as being with a good teacher....Ya can't talk back to the software and ask questions...

Plus the section of scales is like a big book of scales that one can purchase in a store...

I did my self a favor by getting a good teacher, learned my spellings of my scales, learned all the notes on my bass, and learned songs....

Beware a lot of those softwares are hype with NO bang..Again this is just my opinion...Kalo!
  3. Growler

Sep 26, 2004
    I stayed away from bass software, but found . Its a tabbing software, but what helped me is the huge collection of tab available on . The tabs contain drumtracks, guitar and bass and you can eliminate say the guitar so you can focus on the drums and basslines.

One of the best exercises that I do is to play along with the file so you can get your timing down.

4. bongo499

Jan 10, 2005
    thanks im not looking for tab software though... any one try out bass magic?