Bass learning Software... is it worth it??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bongo499, May 19, 2005.

1. bongo499

bongo499

Jan 10, 2005
    syosset
    I have been playing bass for around half a year but taking it pretty seriously.. I put in a good hour a day of good practice and an hour a day of just playing around. I take 1 lesson a week. I have been looking up 2 bass teaching software. One is Emedia Bass method which is 20$\. Or bass Magic which is 180$$ yes 180$$. Ive herd magic is awsome.. i am willing to spend 200 on a good software... has anyone tried any of these softwares or herd reviews asbout them?? please leave all that you can.. Thank you :hyper: :bassist:

2. kalo

kalo

Jul 29, 2003
    IHMO, I had purchased the magic guitar III software about five months ago and with in two days RETURNED it back to the company. I lost a $30.00 stock fee.

If you have a teacher and learn songs, theory, and maybe even sight reading that should help quite a bit...

The Magic Guitar III software info was okay, but it's not the same as being with a good teacher....Ya can't talk back to the software and ask questions...

Plus the section of scales is like a big book of scales that one can purchase in a store...

I did my self a favor by getting a good teacher, learned my spellings of my scales, learned all the notes on my bass, and learned songs....

Beware a lot of those softwares are hype with NO bang..Again this is just my opinion...Kalo!

3. Growler

Growler

Sep 26, 2004
    I stayed away from bass software, but found http://www.guitar-pro.com/eng/Home.php . Its a tabbing software, but what helped me is the huge collection of tab available on http://www.mysongbook.com . The tabs contain drumtracks, guitar and bass and you can eliminate say the guitar so you can focus on the drums and basslines.

One of the best exercises that I do is to play along with the file so you can get your timing down.

-Growler

4. bongo499

bongo499

Jan 10, 2005
    syosset
    thanks im not looking for tab software though... any one try out bass magic?